Doctor in Legal Sciences
The doctoral program allows you to take subjects and do the doctoral research work within one of the lines of research offered following a program of studies tailored in distance mode. In this way, the PhD student carries out an advanced postgraduate study adapted to his rhythm and work style.
During the realization of the program, the PhD student will have the support and presence of professors and thesis tutors that facilitate the monitoring and academic fulfillment of the programs, taking advantage of the new technologies.
The doctoral commission will assign and supervise the curriculum that will be appropriate to the previous training and the subject of the doctoral thesis chosen by the doctoral student. Likewise, he will appoint a thesis tutor who will support and facilitate the studies and thesis work of the doctoral student.
Lawyers interested in teaching, research or expanding their knowledge in the legal area, which meet the requirements established by the Academic Committee of the Course.
1. To deepen knowledge in the fundamental areas of legal sciences, in parallel to the elaboration of the doctoral thesis.
2. Offer the students a scientific training that enables them to carry out original and high-level research in the field of legal sciences.
The Doctorate will offer the students:
• Seminars for the collective investigation of certain problems of fundamental interest in the legal area.
• Disciplines aimed at the in-depth treatment of topics or areas of knowledge especially relevant to the Law,
• Auxiliary disciplines designed to complement the methodological training of the participants that require it.
During their studies, the trainee may propose the realization of up to two research papers, with a value of five credits each.
The Curricular Structure of the Doctoral Program is made up of four (4) components:
General Component: It is made up of Advanced Seminars that offer the PhD student, a global vision of the philosophy, advances and trends of Education Sciences; realities and possibilities of law.
Research Component: It is aimed at consolidating the research competencies and attitudes defined in the Graduate Profile.
Elective Component: Each PhD candidate chooses the course of his choice in an offer of up to five electives that helps improve the research project.
Doctoral Thesis Component: It refers to the preparation of the Doctoral thesis for its subsequent presentation and approval in accordance with the regulations established by the University.
Preparation of articles that are arbitrated by the university magazine and an oral or poster presentation presented by each doctoral student.
Creditable Activities are developed from the first period; It is here that the PhD participant is responsible for building his dossier as a researcher and productive knowledge man through the sharing of experiences related to his research work.
It is necessary to point out that a future doctor must accumulate a series of experiences that will be described below. These activities or experiences will be accredited to complement your experience as a researcher and to consolidate your thesis to be able to go to socialization and defense.
TABLE OF CREDITABLE ACTIVITIES
- Dra. Gloria Rodriguez, Doctor of Legal Sciences
- Dr. Ricardo Adba, Doctor of Legal Sciences
- Dr. Jose Luis Vera, Doctor of Legal Sciences
- Dr. Gregorio Navarro, Doctor of Education